I’ve become obsessed with this Salsa Roja recipe. Not only is it fast and easy, but it perks up all that it touches! This, as well as my Enchilada Sauce topping, has become a game changer for my burritos.
SALSA ROJA – makes a little bit more than 2 cups
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped into 1/3″ (1 cm) pieces
- 2 tomatillas, chopped into 1/3″ (1 cm) pieces
- 1 serrano chili (discard seeds & spines), minced
- 1 jalapeno chili (discard seeds & spines), minced
- 1/4 cup (4 T) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1.5 T fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced fine
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp lime juice
Prepare all ingredients as directed and place in a bowl.
Mix together and chill.